This is also an extensive green roof in Pilestredet Park. The roof is different from most of roofs, because it is a lot of shade, because of the big ventilation pipes on the roof. Of course pipes limited my study area, but I still get the results from random plots.
My study plot – 1 sq.m.
Lichens on the roof.
Big pipe system on the roof looks like a good combination.
View to other green roofs in Pilestredet Park
Thanks to Kristian Fensholt to allow me to visit the roof.
News and articles:
- This document from Statsbygg is (in English)
- Pilestredet Park – a tale of sustainable urban development from Statsbygg (in English)
- Pilestredet park website – a lot of information about contraction and principals (in Norwegian)
- Video about construction work of Pilestredet Park (also in Norwegian)
- Wikipedia (in Norwegian)
- Husbanken (in Norwegian, but nice pictures)